Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of the Union: What are the REAL Issues?

This is an open thread, seeking suggestions from the readers for what they think SHOULD have been included in last night's address that wasn't. Please feel free to say as much or little as you wish.

I find three things that trouble me: the failure to deal with the true problem of Islam, the failure of the United States to address the border issue, and the problem of addressing those that wish to destroy this nation by locking up, hiding, destroying, controlling, and banning anything and everything in order that no one be "offended". If anyone can't deal with a little "offending" now and then, they don't belong in the United States, regardless of their birthplace. Being offended is one of those things that build character, just as failure is. If some would have their way, we would become a nation without character, but "safe" from just about everything. What a miserable life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there were only three things that bothered you about the State of the Union address, then you are relatively satisfied with being represented by an incompetent and corrupt administration. No new solutions were offered and no end in sight to the increasing budget deficit. Can 2008 come soon enough?

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home