Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rantburg Relief Files

For those of us suffering from Rantburg Withdrawal Syndrome, here are a few links to keep us abreast of the GWOT and what people around the world are thinking about us. I don't have either Fred's energy or access to news and commentary, but I'm willing to host as much as possible, including links to other blogs that have items of interest to the Rantburg community.

From NewsMax:


Cindy Sheehan Claiming Police Brutality

We could only wish someone would lock her in a solitary confinement cell, and forget which key fits the lock. This "woman" is a waste of protoplasm.


Hillary Clinton Trashes Bush

Sen. Hillary Clinton wasted no time blasting President Bush's State of the Union message Tuesday night, saying his speech made it clear that "he still wants to take us in the wrong direction."

"After all, he still hasn't surrendered to ANYBODY yet..." Another useless bit of bs. If we could package that product, we could power the world, just from a handful of liberals.


Congress to extend the Patriot Act

What they need to do is to reauthorize it in its current form, say for a year, THEN debate on it. Congress, however, isn't that bright.


Iran's Prez: U.S. Is 'Hollow Superpower'

Iraq's Hussein thought that, too. So did bin Laden. Yet here's another loser with the same tired rhetoric. Must be something in the water over there.


NOW Chief Cussin' Mad Over Alito

Guess the Democrats need to watch both their front and both sides. I'd say "back", but since they're running away from anything decisive, the only thing behind them are the American people they're running away FROM.





From Town Hall:


Ben Shapiro on HAMAS


Town Hall Editors on the SOTU


Walter Williams, "Corporate Courage"


Jonah Goldburg, "Palestine's willing executioners"


Paul Greenburg, "Rhetoric and reality in the Middle East"


Michelle Malkin, "Fighting the bullies of Islam"



I'll try to update this again later in the afternoon. In the meantime, here's a partial list of Rantburg folks with weblogs:

Sgt Stryker: Both Sgt Mom and Desert Blondie post here occasionally.

Dark Blogules: Angie Schult's blog.

Robin Burke's Winds of Change blog.
You Big Mouth, You, Chuck Simmins' excellent blog.


If anyone else knows of other bloggers, please email me, and I'll include them. Also check out my list to the left of my blog. There are quite a few interesting blogs there. Some links no longer work, and I haven't been able to find replacements, but there are plenty that do work.


I'll also try to find some more interesting articles for the list, and I'll take recommendations.


Mike Weatherford
Old Patriot

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog


mynewsbot.com

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mike for putting up those posts for us Rantburgers. Great service!

Alaska Paul

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home