Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rantburg Relief Files II

Hopefully, I can take my time and be a little better organized this time. I'd try to duplicate Fred's categories, but my memory isn't that good. Here's what I've found with a little snooping:




Afghanistan


Gulf News: 5 terr suspects arrested in Afghanistan

Africa


Mail & Guardian (RSA): IMF to present report on Zimbabwe's status.

Mail & Guardian (RSA): SA says Ivory Coast dispute solved

Mail & Guardian (RSA): Condom taboo in Zanzibar hampers fight against AIDS

Mail & Guardian (RSA): World Bank urged to consider relief for Liberia

Mail & Guardian (RSA): Nigerian Rebels threaten "significant attacks"

Mail & Guardian (RSA): Darfur police say 18 rebels killed

Europe


Times Online: Islamic Cartoons republished

AFTENPOSTEN (NO): Danish Cartoons Circulate

AFTENPOSTEN (NO): Moose Surfed on chunk of ice
AFTENPOSTEN (NO): Muslim wants Norweigan Blasphemy laws

Davos Debrief

EEW (EU) Online: EU extends aid to Palestinians in bid to prevent 'mini Iran'

Big 5 agree to refer Iran to UN Oh, how BRAVE! (not!)

Gulf News: Georgia Police clash with Russian Troops

India/Nepal


India for peaceful end to Iran nuke issue
Indian train station readies for first Pakistani passengers in 41 years.

SA Daily: 18 Maoist rebels killed in clash with Government troops

Iran


AFTENPOSTEN (NO): Massive flooding in Trondelag

MEMRI: Amadinejad's defiant speech, translated.

Times Online: Iranian President Defiant

Mail & Guardian (RSA): World powers agree on Iran resolution

Iraq


Gulf News: Sunni Leader in Iraq threatens uprising

Israel/Palestine


MEMRI: Hamas leader sets the record straight Israel must be destroyed

Times Online: Israel cuts Hamas lifeline (customs duty)

Gulf News: Recognize Israel, Egypt tells Hamas

Kenya


Corruption scandal leads to resignation. Baldilocks, who is from Kenya, has more information on this at her blog.

Kuwait


MEMRI: Kuwaiti succession

Pakistan


Gulf News: Three militants killed in attack on military base

Philippines


Gulf News: Philippine govt troops in new push against communist guerillas

South America


SA Daily: Chavez pumps up pressure on Bush

SA Daily: Discounted oil marks Chavez's latest bid to win over U.S. opinion

World


Times Online: Brazillian cars run on sugar cane

This may have been what George Bush was talking about in his State of the Union speech last night...

Times Online: Times Writers side with Nepal's rebels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home