Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

May I Gloat?

I think I have the right. Much of what I've said in these pages is now being said by others around the nation - pundits, opinion pages, and other blogs.
-
-
-
-
-
Ok, that was an excellent ten minutes. Now on to more serious business. We're still a nation divided (read my post below), we're still at war with Islamic extremism, we're still just now fully recovering from the Clinton recession, deepened by 9/11. Our schools are still failing 90% of their students, our churches are led by wimps looking for a soft touch, and our governments at all levels still want to dig deeper into our pockets, limit our rights, restrict our freedoms, and tell us what to do. We have judges on the bench who believe it's their duty to MAKE law, instead of INTERPRET it, and we have people who purport to be journalists trying to manipulate us to believe that none of the above is true, and we elected the wrong person.

I started this blog to express my ideas, to discuss what's important to me, and to share my goals, ambitions, history, beliefs, opinion, and background with the rest of the world. That's still my goal. I'll now add one more to that - to tell the government (if anyone's listening, and I think they are) what I think is right, and what's wrong, with how we're governed, and how the government is affecting the people. From what I've seen of the statistics that are just now being compiled about this election, I'm fairly representative of the 2004 George W. Bush voter - nose clip and all.

I'm going to try to post here every day. I'm also involved in the NaNoWriMo experiment to write a 50,000-word novel by midnight, November 30th (word count as of Nov 3: 4992). I'm also involved in a half-dozen other things, including a complete restoration of the inventory of my stamp collection. The original (which was about 45% complete) was lost in a computer virus-assisted hard-disk crash a little over a year ago. I'm now at about 20%. I still have household duties to perform, and commitments to friends and family around the world. If I fail to show up one day, don't panic! I'll be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home