Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

When all else fails,




Hug a cat!

The cat in this picture is Leo, an unneutered male mixed breed with a deep blue-gray coat. The person holding him is my daughter's current boyfriend, Jacob. Leo is an unusual cat, and HEAVY! He weighs just a tad shy of 20 pounds. He also has one eye with a birth defect - the pupil in his left eye isn't a vertical slit, but a triangular one. It doesn't seem to harm his hunting abilities, and he's quite the mouser.

The following pictures are of the latest arrivals in the Old Patriot's household, Peekaboo and Baby. The only really effective way to distinguish them is by looking at the markings between and above their eyes. Peekaboo's are much more distinctive, and form a "W". Baby has a wider brownish spot between the eyes. They're part Siamese and part tiger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home