Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

ABM - "Anybody but McCain"

My favored political candidate, Fred Thompson, has dropped out of the race. So have the two people I was most likely to support if Thompson quit - Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo. Now I'm stuck with choosing among a field of "lessers" - McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Guilliani, Paul, Clinton, Obama, and Edwards.

Forget the Democrats. There hasn't been a Democratic contender I'd be willing to vote for in the last four Presidential elections. I'm not too happy with the Republican candidates, either. In a time when we need a Madison, Lincoln, or Truman, we get McCain, Romney, and Clinton II. What a trio of buffoons.

I'll probably end up voting for one of them - the lesser of two bad choices, as I've had to do in all but a couple of elections since I first cast a ballot 42 years ago. The lesser of two bad choices is still a bad choice. We can only hope that it won't be so horrible a choice we'll have to resort to force to undo the mistakes that person makes. That brings us to John McCain.

McCain has proven over and over that he is the "candidate of mistakes" - McCain/Feingold, immigration, judges, tax cuts, and a half-dozen other major issues where he's been on the wrong side. If there's an option, I'd prefer Romney over McCain, and any Republican over either Clinton or Edwards. I don't have a good feeling about Barrack Obama, either, but I don't know enough to weigh his negatives, other than he's an idiot on foreign policy, and not too sharp on domestic policy.

This nation has failed, over the last decade or two, to attract and support top-level political leadership, especially for President. I fear we will face some truly difficult times ahead because of that failure.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am saddened by our choices for president.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home