Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Friday, October 26, 2007

497th Reconnaissance Technical Group 2008 Reunion

Those of us who are both alumni of the 497th and live in Colorado - and enjoyed the 2007 reunion - have decided that a reunion next year, in 2008, is a great idea. Charles Sakai is in charge of planning the event. You can also leave comments here, and I will forward them to Charles. We hope to have an even greater attendance than last year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Charles & Mike I am ready and will to help out planning again!
Debbie Barnes

5:29 PM  
Blogger "Doc Adler" said...

The 2007 reunion proved that the concept was sound, and was a golden opportunity for friends who hadn't seen each other in DECADES to re-establish contact. That's why I'm pleased to take part in organizing another next June.

Charles M. Sakai

11:45 PM  
Blogger "Doc Adler" said...

Our progress report is short and to the point:

Report of 497th RTG Reunion Planning Committee, 23 February 2008:

Present at meeting: Charles Sakai, Debbie Barnes

The following items were discussed:

1. We will follow most of the details of last year’s picnic, as there is no need to tamper with a successful formula.
2. Charles showed Debbie the receipt for USAF Academy Picnic Ground Pavilion 3, which we reserved for 28 June.
3. It was decided to collect as many cash contributions as possible in advance and to get our guests to commit to bringing food by the end of April.
4. We will contact more people (especially Colorado residents) by phone as well as by e-mail, which should give us a higher rate of response.
5. The next planning meeting will take place on Saturday, 26 April 2008, at the Village Inn, NE corner of Palmer Park & Academy Blvds.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home