Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Sleepless Nights

It's one-thirty in the morning, and I have an eight-thirty doctor's appointment tomorrow - later today. I went to bed at 10:45, hoping to get a good night's sleep. Fat chance.

It's still snowing. The low pressure area that is bringing us this storm is centered about halfway between Colorado Springs and Denver, dumping tons of wet snow all across the Front Range, from Cheyenne to Trinidad. There's a great possibility that the physical therapy office I'm supposed to visit tomorrow won't be open. All the schools in the local area have already announced closures, and dozens of businesses as well. The list of road closures takes twenty minutes to scroll across the bottom of the television screen. Over a foot of snow has fallen, and it's supposed to continue for at least another eight to ten hours.

I've had a "weather affinity" ever since I had the surgery on my neck in 1990. It's been much worse over the last six months. This is the second night in a row I haven't been able to sleep. I was awake most of last night with leg cramps caused by a pinched sciatic nerve. Tonight I'm up with a headache that the pain medication isn't working on. That happens now and then. At least I'll keep my blog up this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home