Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Monday, February 14, 2005

I Must Be the Richest Man in the World

Every day I get at least ten notifications that I've won this or that lottery (mostly in Europe), that people want to give me millions of dollars, and that I am "everyone's favorite friend". Of course, all these lottery "winnings" are about as false as John Kerry's Kourage, and every one of those people that "love" me so much really just want the keys to my checking account. If they knew how busted that account is, they'd find some other fool to bother, but that's another story.

Unfortunately for the spam artists, I've lived in Europe, and know how the lottery systems work there. I've won (and lost) a few marks in the German lottery, and I've read stories in local papers in England about lottery winners and losers. I know that "you can't win if you don't play", and I know the odds of winning are stacked against the majority of those that actually DO play.

It would be nice to win a million dollars, or even a few hundred. It gets tough to make it through the rest of the month after all the bills are paid on the 1st. I spent 26 years in the military, and that makes all the difference for us. My military retirement and my VA disability pay all my fixed bills, and leave me a couple of hundred dollars left to make it through the month. That's never enough, but somehow we make it each month. God always provides, sometimes in the most unusual ways. God never provides a LOT of money, but there's always enough, if you have faith and believe that He will provide - and don't spend what you don't have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your thoughtful words on book leveling. It's a topic that is near and dear to my heart. I hope you swing by again soon!:)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home