Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Some people don't get it.

I saw a bumper sticker as I was bringing my son back from a doctor's appointment that said "WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER". Come again? Does this person have two synapses firing in sequence? It's downright dangerous that someone with so little intelligence is licensed to drive an automobile. I wasn't surprised to note that the car had California license plates - I just wonder why that person was driving in Colorado.

Folks, the United States is not the instigator of this war: Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida is. HE declared war on US, not the other way around. What this morally challenged person was actually saying is that it was wrong for us to use force - to wage war - in order to defend ourselves against evil. That person probably refuses to acknowledge that anything today could be considered "evil". After all, that's sooooo judgmental!

These people should get out more often, and should read something besides "Daily Kos", the New York Times, or the LA Times, and stop watching CBS News. We are in a war for our very right to exist as a free people. It's a world war, targeting anyone who isn't a specific type of Muslim, who isn't a Wahabbist. Everyone else breathing air is a target of opportunity for violence and oppression. We must all acknowledge that we are at war, and that such things as freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom to associate, and freedom of ownership of personal property is in the balance. These things will all disappear, along with any scientific knowledge gained in the last 750 years that doesn't support the traditional Wahabbist religious thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home