Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Friday, January 01, 2016

A New Job

 I'm going to pin this to the top for the foreseeable future, and all new posts will be beneath it.  The one thing I didn't include in this post was contact information.  If you want to contact me, but not through this blog, email me at mike dot weatherford at gmail dot com (words used to confuse the spambots). 
==================================

I've been one of those Christians that has always said, "Use me, Lord, in whatever capacity you wish."  Well, don't do it unless you mean it, because He'll find a job for you.  He's found one for me.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on the Internet.  I have some physical problems that make it difficult for me to do most things.  That keeps me from doing most of the things normal Christians do -- volunteer in one or more capacities in their spare time.   But God will find a way to use us in whatever capacity we're able to be used.  He has tasked me to minister to the Internet communities I belong to.

There are some things that I can't do.  I can't marry people, since I'm not an ORDAINED minister (if you need an ordained minister, I'll refer you to my brother-in-law).  I'm not to preach.   I'm not to make any distinction about creed -- in fact, faith (or even the absence of it) is not a criteria.  And I'm not to take any money, even for others.

What I CAN do, and what God wants me to do, is to minister.  To pray for the sick, the lonely, and those in pain.  To listen.  To provide a shoulder to cry on, and a hand to hold in the dark. 

The Internet has brought people together from all over the world, into online communities.  There are many people who prey on such communities, but there are few who minister to them.   God has tasked me to minister to those communities I belong to.  I will do my best to serve Him, and my communities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The program is to submit stories to creating contests, frequently and systematically. Just win procustomwriting writing contests thirty day period following month and you need never face the despair of becoming endlessly turned down by literary agents.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home