Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Good advice!

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever read or heard is "when you're in a hole, stop digging". Apparently our government either has never heard that (which I doubt), or they don't care.

The United States is more than $15 TRILLION in debt, and going further into debt at the rate of about $4 Billion a day. The House of Representatives passed a budget back in April, 2011. That bill, along with another twenty or so, still sits on Harry Reid's desk, and he and the Democrats don't plan on doing anything about it except buy more shovels.

The economy is in the tank. The unemployment is officially 8.9%, and unofficially above 12%. The underemployment figure is something like 17%. Every day, however, sees more regulation, more rules, more restrictions that keep employers from being willing to hire, and keeping investors from parting with their money.

I think the best thing the electorate can do come this November is buy a large bulldozer and fill in that hole our current government is digging -- with them still in that hole. Getting rid of between a third and a half of our current bureaucracy would do wonders for job creation, and would reduce spending considerably. All in favor, say Aye, and get behind that dozer!