Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

An open letter to Governor Palin

Dear Governor Palin,

Congratulations on your pick to be the next Vice-President of the United States. You are the first "real person" I've seen in politics since I can't remember when.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has to grow up faster than what you'd wished for her. At least you and your husband will be there to help her and her new husband adjust to life as parents - even if it's by long distance. The enthusiastic help of grandparents will also be a major help to your daughter - I'm glad they're willing. I'm also very happy that the father both acknowledges the child, and wants to fill the role of father and husband. Too many young ladies today don't have that kind of essential support.

I know how it feels when your daughter tells you she's pregnant. We went through that 20+ years ago. It's rough on everyone in the family, but working it out together can be extremely rewarding.

I'm also proud of you for your love and care to your Downs-Syndrome son. Having reared a disabled child, we know how hard it is. Our son was inflicted with severe brain damage as a child, before we adopted him. You can't help but love them, but sometimes the demands seem overwhelming. I think you have the right stuff, and the right support group, to handle the many problems you and your son will face in life.

Give my highest regards to Track, and tell him I wish him nothing but good as he helps defend this nation against its enemies. As a military veteran, I know how rough military service, especially foreign service, can be for young people away from home the first time.

I, and my wife, will pray for you as you go through this Convention, and through the grueling political campaign ahead of you. I know the Left will do anything and everything to keep you from getting your message out. Know also that their doing this is a sign of their desperation. Stay strong, and keep forging ahead. I firmly believe you will be victorious in the end.

By the way, I am NOT a Republican, but an Independent.

Our sincerest Regards,

3 Comments:

Blogger "Doc Adler" said...

I was one of the thousands who attended the McCain-Palin rally here in Colorado Springs today. Not only did the audience eat up Gov. Palin's speech - seems like she energized Sen. McCain as well. It gave me great satisfaction to wave a recycled American flag rescued from the dumpster after the Democratic National Convention. :-)

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, When will she start "growing up"?
The baby is born, the parents are not married, neither parent has finished school, and the father's mother has been arrested for manufacturing and trafficking drugs.

Oh and Palin pulled strings to get the father a job he shouldn't have.

Yeah - good folk, just like us.
Maybe you Mike, but not me and not like any first family I ever want to see.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad this piece of work is out of the picture. I wouldn't have elected her to pick up at the dog park...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home