Google

Old Patriot's Pen

Personal pontifications of an old geezer born 200 years too late.

NOTE The views I express on this site are mine and mine alone. Nothing I say should be construed as being "official" or the views of any group, whether I've been a member of that group or not. The advertisings on this page are from Google, and do not constitute an endorsement on my part.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I've been everywhere That was the title of a hit country-and-western song from the late 1950's, originally sung by Hank Snow, and made famous by Johnny Cash. I resemble that! My 26-year career in the Air Force took me to more than sixty nations on five continents - sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for as long as four years at a time. In all that travel, I also managed to find the perfect partner, help rear three children, earn more than 200 hours of college credit, write more than 3000 reports, papers, documents, pamphlets, and even a handful of novels, take about 10,000 photographs, and met a huge crowd of interesting people. I use this weblog and my personal website here to document my life, and discuss my views on subjects I find interesting.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Saying Stupid Stuff

Molly Ivins has joined the list in saying stupid things about the Iraq war and the Republican government. Her latest tirade is here. Here are the relevant paragraphs:

The vote on invading Iraq was 77 to 23 in the Senate and 296 to 133 in the House. By that time, some liberals did question the wisdom of invasion because: A) Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 and B) it looked increasingly unlikely that Iraq actually had great stores of weapons of mass destruction, since the United Nations inspectors, who were on the ground, couldn't find any sign of them -- even though Donald Rumsfeld claimed we knew exactly where they were.

Since my name is Molly Ivins and I speak for myself, I'll tell you exactly why I opposed invading Iraq: because I thought it would be bad for this country, our country, my country. I opposed the invasion out of patriotism, and that is the reason I continue to oppose it today -- I think it is bad for us. I think it has done nothing but harm to the United States of America. I think we have created more terrorists than we faced to start with and that our good name has been sullied all over the world. I think we have alienated our allies and have killed more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein ever did.

We know why France, Germany, Russia and China didn't want the United States to go to war: they were raking in huge profits under the "oil for palaces, er... food" program. They didn't want US killing THEIR golden goose. There wasn't much in the way of "good feelings" or "friendship" involved, just cold hard cash.

The Democrats just have to oppose any military action President Bush undertakes. They're the "party against war", except when a Democratic President wages it in the breakaway states of the former Yugoslavia, or when he's tossing around cruise missiles at tents in the desert and aspirin manufacturing plants. Bush is doing something that needed to be done: cleaning a cesspit that was just getting worse and worse. More than a dozen bloggers have compiled all the different links between Hussein and terrorism, including Al-Qaida, the people behind the 9/11 attacks.

As for killing more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein did, this piece of filth earns my everlasting condemnation of Molly Ivins. How can this woman be so stupid, and still get a paycheck for "writing"? How many mass graves have we uncovered, filled with how many hundreds of thousands of Iraqis? How many Kurds died when Saddam Hussein ordered chemical weapons be used against their villages? How many hundreds of thousands died in the futile and incomprehensible war between Iraq and Iran - a war that lasted eight years? How many people simply "disappeared", hauled into Mukhbarrat headquarters under orders of Saddam Hussein or one of his psychopathic sons? Molly Ivins has a HUGE apology she MUST give to the United States and its military. The civilian death toll in Iraq has yet to hit 100,000 for all causes. Most of those deaths have been caused by the wave of Islamofascists that have come out of the woodwork all around the world to attack the United States, and even more importantly, to try to stop democracy from taking root in Iraq.

Like Chuck Hagel, Charlie Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, and a host of other "prominent" names in American politics and its syncopathic media, Molly Ivins has cast her lot with the people who want an American initiative in the Middle East to fail, solely for partisan politics. She now goes into my bit-bucket until further notice.

Hat tip: Arthur Chrenkoff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home