Lies, Damned Lies, and Democrats
Obama camp suggests Palin has distorted record
"Since naming Gov. Palin as their vice presidential nominee, the McCain campaign has distorted, distracted and outright lied to the American people about her record in a desperate attempt to hide the fact that a McCain/Palin administration would be nothing more than a continuation of the failed Bush policies of the last eight years,"the memo read.
Huh? The FAILED Bush policies of the last eight years? What "failures" are those?
- We have not been attacked on American soil since 9/11/01. Is that a failure?
- There have been no MAJOR attacks against Americans abroad except those in the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan. Is that a failure?
- The United States has destroyed the ability of Saddam Hussein and the people of Iraq to support terrorism abroad, especially in Palestine and Lebanon, where Saddam was most active. Is that a failure?
- The Bush Administration created a single point of attack for the terrorists behind 9/11, the Cole bombing, the attacks in Kenya and Uganda, the murder of diplomats in several countries, and the first WTC attack, and crushed them. Is that the failure they mean?
- There is currently a democratically elected government in both Iraq and Afghanistan - for the first time in the history of either nation. Is that one of Bush's failures?
- The Bush tax cuts ended a period of stagnation in the nation's economy, and led to more than six years of constant growth in the GDP of the United States. Is that the failure they mean?
- The Bush Administration has established strong, mutually-beneficial relations with India, one of the two most actively growing areas of Asia. Is THAT the failure they mean?
The only things I can see that this administration has "failed" to do is to kiss up to our enemies, or to become "more like Europe" (which has more failed or failing programs that I can document, such as 10% unemployment, "national health care" that takes ten times as long to get a referral than our "broken" system, and costs three times more, 15% or more of its population on welfare of one kind or another, military units that can't fight, and a stagnant or declining GDP, just for starters).
What do the Democrats have to hold up as successes over the last eight years? There has not been any major legislation passed by either the House or Senate in the last two years, but dozens of "investigations" have been launched with the sole purpose of finding a "gotcha" moment to hang around the necks of Republicans. The price of gas went out of sight - almost doubling in the last two years. The Democratic Party leadership decided it was more important to go on vacation than to address this issue. This one single issue has had the greatest impact on the average citizen of the United States, raising the cost of everything they purchase. The Democrats still refuse to allow environmentally safe drilling in two-thirds of the unexplored areas in the United States and its territorial waters.
There are plenty of pieces of evidence to show that alternative energy supplies are not capable of meeting current energy demands, yet these are the ONLY means the Democrats will allow to be pursued. There are several new products that help reduce the environmental impact of coal-fired power plants that could use some support, but these are ignored. The Democrats want to force the United States to recognize carbon dioxide as a "pollutant", yet plant life would be incapable of continuing for even a day without it. The Democrats claim that man-made carbon dioxide is changing the climate, making it hotter. This argument has taken a direct hit below the waterline from the failure of the sun to generate more than a single sunspot in the current cycle, and we've had the coolest summer in 30 years.
The Republicans were elected to office beginning in 1994 to clean up the mess in Washington, and instead began acting like Democrats. We don't need TWO Democratic parties, and the Republicans have lost ground in the fight. Yet the Democrats have done nothing to prove they have a workable plan for ANYTHING.
It's time for a sycophant press to pull its head out of the nether regions of their bodies and begin telling us the truth about both parties, and stop being an active participant in one of the campaigns. Failing that, this nation may end up in much worse shape than it's been under our current administration.
The words of Joseph Pulitzer apply here: "Our nation and its press will rise or fall together". The current behavior of the majority news outlets are destructive of our form of government and the people it supports.